Thomas Plume’s Library was founded in 1704 under the terms of Dr Plume’s will. He bequeathed to his native town his collection of some 8,100 books and pamphlets, to be kept in a building which he had constructed from the ruins of the old St Peter’s Church in the centre of the town. It remains a working Library to this day, some 2,000 books having been added to the original collection.
Opening: 28th May to 30th May, 2pm – 4pm and 1st June, 10am – noon
Access: RESTRICTED via steep and narrow spiral staircase
Max 12 people at any one time